Deep link exchanges with other websites that are related to your website are one way to improve your deep link directory submission SEO. You have a link from another site within your website and you in turn have your link listed on their website. Just make sure that you are using internal page links and not directly to the home page for the higher value deep links that you are aiming for.
According to Wikipedia, a deep link is: a hyperlink that points to a specific page on a website, instead of the main homepage.
Building links with deep linking is just as important as links from your homepage, and any links pointing to your website will help to increase your search engine ranking. If you are serious about your SEO and link building strategy you must ensure that some of the links are derived from deep links.
Google do not just head for a homepage; it looks into and searches for all pages of a website hence with this in mind links coming from pages other than your homepage must be taken into account. If you focus solely on your website home page and ignore other individual pages you will find your page rank does not increase as fast as you would like it to.
The deep link of a website allows a visitor to go directly to it without having to navigate through the homepage. The more pages that are deep linked and visited by customers or visitors to your website the higher the page is considered in major search engine rankings therefore the more improvement to your overall SEO for your website.
Deep linking as part of your search engine optimization strategy has many advantages to the serious website or online business owner such as the fact that search engines will locate the links and note them as more important than links to your home page. The search engines will also give higher ranking to the internal pages of your website. New contents within a deep link may also be indexed, giving the overall website a boost whenever a deep link is updated.
Here is a breakdown of the variety of ways that you can create deep linking SEO into your strategy such as the following:
- Make sure your website is well set up and has a good menu or system for getting around your website. You should also refer to your own internal pages whenever you can within your website.
- Article submissions are another way where you can have usually two links placed in the author box and often you can create a deep link within the article back to an internal page on your website as well as a hyper link to your home page.
- Forums are another way to get your links in. When you post on a forum put links to your website in the profile or signature of your forum posting. You can also often point these links to internal pages rather than your home page and you can make references to your own site in forums.
- Blogs are another way that you can leave links back to your internal pages rather than your home page. Just be sure that you are not getting yourself classified as a spammer by providing relevant and meaningful comments with relevance to your business and/ or your website.
- Deep link exchanges with other websites that are related to your website are another alternative. You have a link from another site within your website and you in turn have your link listed on their website. Just make sure that you are using internal page links and not directly to the home page for the higher value deep links that you are aiming for.
- About half the directory sites will allow deep link directory submission, however many are generally the web directory sites that you must pay for to place your submissions, but in that case they usually allow 3 deep-links and give you a top-ranking on the page, or even on the top-category page, if they also give you your own detail page with a long text on it, then they are surely worth considering as a part of your link building strategy.
There are a few alternatives to getting started with your deep linking SEO strategy for you. Try some of them out and see how it changes the traffic to your website. Not too much effort is involved and there are even deep linking directory submission services if you find the whole task too daunting for you.
A manual directory submission service provider will know how to format descriptions, titles, categories, and more, to ensure that you get high acceptance rates to the web directory sites for your deep links. If you are considering submitting deep links to web directories, contact the professionals today for friendly tips and advice.