Article Submissions To Article Directories
Step 1: Preparing the Articles for Submissions.
Every article directory has different guidelines and requirements. We take utmost care to submit the article according to all guidelines and therefore it takes quite a bit of time to prepare different sets of the article, the introductions, the biographies and the kind of code and placements of links; html versus http links.
We will add links to the article where allowed. Some article directories allow us to add up to three links in the body of the article, but not every directory. In fact; most only accept links from within the biography.
And even those who do only allow 2 self-serving links in total, as there are also links in the bio, we have to limit the links within the article itself to 1 self-serving link.
This means we can still add 2 more links within the article; we use those to link to related authority sites, like a page in Wikipedia. By linking to high value, authority sites/pages the article and so your link will be associated to its importance.
We will write 2 introductions to the article; one of maximum 250 characters and one of maximum 500 characters, as these is the difference in the requirements of the various article directories.
As we submit the articles to our own accounts under my name; <a href=”http://www.articlesdirectories.com/” title=”Article Directory List”>Michiel Van Kets, we have to use my name in the biography to avoid copywrite issues, so start the biography like this; “Michiel Van Kets provide article services for ‘Your Name’ or ‘Company’ or ‘Web Site’ about …” then follows your ‘real’ biography containing your anchor text links.”
Because the surrounding text of the links is important we write the biographies as long as possible, and although we do use as many keywords as possible, we write ‘real’, full sentences and place the links as much in the middle of the biography paragraph, as those kind of embedded links are the most valuable.
Combined with the fact that we actually work with 10 different sets of information; different html-http coding, different link placements, different biography lengths and so; we also write 10 different biographies. Most of your links will be placed within the biography and the extra variations (10) will also add more value to the links.
Then we will prepare the article in different styles. Some submissions need to be done in HTML and some directories do not allow HTML tags in the article at all. While even those that allow HTML have different rules as well; some absolutely want them within paragraphs using <p></p>, while again other will not accept that. And there’s more; some directories allow anchor text links in the body, while others only allow HTTP links.
So, I hope you now realize that even before we can start the submissions we have already spend a lot of time to prepare your sets. This is absolutely crucial to get the best results possible out of the concept of article submissions.
Step 2: Submitting the Article to the Article Directories (finally!)
Although we sell this package as 50 article submissions; we actually maintain 68 article directory profiles and we submit your article to each of them. We do this because sometimes some of them might have coding errors, the server might temporarily be down, they get sold or the article directory owner loses interest and stops reviewing and so on.
Point being; this way we can guarantee you that more than 50 copies of your article will be published!!
After researching over 1500 different article directories, we found that the majority of the directories are just not worth submitting to. We checked the value of the links that will be pointing to your site and most directories are so ill-structured that the pages with the articles do not even get indexed in Google. On top of it they hardly have any visitors and so your changes on syndication are slim in most article directories.
That’s why we only submit to the top 68 article directories, especially because the iSnare service we pay for will do a lot of extra distribution to a large amount of the remaining article directories out there. Although they’re not really worth much, it’s an automated service and if just 1 of those article directories has some good syndication after all; you do get the benefit of it nevertheless.
The very best article directory out there is EzineArticles and also for this service we pay; they don’t guarantee automated approval or so, in fact they’re very, very strict in their review and the smallest mistake will be noted and then we have to go back and edit it. We just pay to have a faster review, that’s all we get for the $49/month I’m paying for it. But that’s all good, as we submit to EzineArticles first and that way we’ll know for sure we really get each and every detail right up to the highest standards.
We can submit all articles to our own accounts in the directories. We could do this for various reasons.
- First of all it would take too much time to create a new account for each client, especially for just 1 article. It is not impossible, but we will have to charge extra for it and have an email account from the client that we can access.
- Secondly, there is no point in creating an account for a single article. There is more value in an existing account with numerous articles in it.
- The profile page of each account will gain more PR as there are more articles linking to this profile.
- And this also means that all articles are interlinked through the profile page and help other articles gain more PR.
- Furthermore, a profile is more likely to rise under ‘most viewed’ and ‘most popular’, when there are more articles in it. Profiles with top positions are usually mentioned on the index page and will receive more PR again.
- We regularly do additional link building to our profiles, like Social Bookmark Submissions to get more visitors, more reads and so more syndication of your articles.
- 20 of our article accounts like the EzineArticles account, for which we also pay by the way, have an RSS function build in, we have submitted each of those 20 RSS feeds to RSS readers.
- And last, but not least; we have the list of our profiles on this web site; Michiel Van Kets's Article Directory Profiles List and we’re doing link building for it as well, mainly aimed at gaining PR(pagerank), so that will be passed on to the profiles where your article is listed and so eventually to your site as well.
In other words; you get instantly a whole lot more articles distributed than just the 50 you paid for!
Of course we can also set up new accounts just for you, which in the long run is much better, but its a slow start as all those extras we already did for my own accounts also need to be done if you want your own set of article accounts.
After completing the submissions, we will send you a detailed report with the all the article directories where your article has been submitted to.